The opening of the memorial plaque
In the village of Vetrino on July 1 the grand event took place - the opening of a memorial plaque on the reinforced-concrete pillbox №9, where soldiers and commanders of Vetrinsky defense unit fought up to the last-ditch on 3 July, 1941. The opening started with the meeting with the participation of the well-known writer, historian and ethnographer Karasev Viktor Romanovich, the Head of the Museum of Combat Glory Kopyl Sergey and others. After unveiling a commemorative plaque the present laid wreaths at the foot of the pillbox. Then a small concert program was held.