There are three settlements with the name Bridges in the Mostovsky district. Historical ones that are mentioned in the metric (archive documents) INCL are located upstream of the Neman River from the modern district center of the city of Mosty – where the villages of Bridges Right and Bridges Left are now located. Bridges was first mentioned in 1486 as a settlement where two important trade routes intersect. The waterway along the Neman River and the overland royal highway from Vilna to Krakow. In the book of the German diplomat and traveler Zygmunt Herberstein, published in 1549, the bridge of that time was described. It was a long engineering structure on pine piles, covered with wood chips on top.
According to the revision of 1561 and the testimony of the Scribe Book of the Grodno Economy (1558), compiled according to the results of the land reform of the middle of the XVI century, known as the “fulling pamera”, a detailed description of the town of Mosty has been preserved.
It was an ancient settled settlement, which was located on both banks of the Neman. It consisted of the right–bank part – today's village of Right Bridges and the left-bank part - the current village of Left Bridges. There were 9 streets whose names came from the settlements where they led: Grodno, Vilna, Volpinskaya, Minsk, Derechinskaya, Peskovskaya, Mlinskaya, etc. 4 of them were on one side of the Neman, 5 — on the second. Belarusians settled on them mainly, but Russians, Poles, and Jews also lived nearby. Residents lived in more than 100 houses. A significant trading role was played by the pier on the Neman River, through which ships and rafts passed, a ferry and a watermill operated. And the market, located on the right side of the Neman, was, as they say, special. Fish, bread, leather, flax, lard, tobacco, hemp, hay and other agricultural products were sold here. Local artisans brought their wares to the market.